Baby H - Week 4 - Now

I honestly don't want to forget a single part of this pregnancy so here is a recap of the last 3-4 weeks! I will start doing regular updates next week!
Week 3/4:

I'm pregnant. What on earth?! Of course this happens on a cycle where I don't have any idea if/when I ovulated or what worked! That's just one of the many joys of infertility I guess. Was it the prometrium? Going gluten free? The Letrozole? Magic? Nothing? Everything? I guess we will never know, but that's not really the end of the world either. 

Overall, I'm feeling pretty normal. I've got a lot of heartburn and a few hours of nausea every morning but I think a lot of that has been the stress and anxiety around all of this! I am hoping that the queasiness stays down but I don't really care as long as I have a healthy baby to take home after all this time! 

The biggest symptom I've honestly had is insane hunger. I am permanently starving almost the entire day. I'm trying to make a point of eating when I feel hungry because I obviously feel it for a reason but I'm also trying to make healthy choices for Baby H and I. I'm also feeling pretty tired but I think a lot of that comes from not sleeping. I've been so exciting I'm having a hard time sleeping! By the end of the week my sleep was finally getting better but the tiredness seems to be about the same. 

Baby H: Baby H is officially implanted and is now a blastocyst! Baby is the size of a poppyseed but the neural tube is already forming. This will eventually grow into the spine, brain and backbone. The amniotic sac is also forming. 

Week 5:

Made my first maternity wear purchase! I know it's early but PinkBlush was having an amazing Pre-Valentine's Day sale, 70% off! For $150 shipped I got a sweater, two dresses and five shirts!
I finally got to see my GP (that really felt like a long week) and she wants to do blood work every three days for the next month as well as a lot of ultrasounds until we are switched to the OB. So we got to have our first ultrasound this week at (estimated) 5w! It wasn't overly exciting, all we really got to see was the gestation sack but I was very happy to hear that everything was measuring on track! we should be able to see more at our next ultrasound at the end of week 7. I can't really complain about seeing the baby every two weeks for the next little while. 

The slightly brighter spot at the bottom of the big black sac is where the magic is happening!
I'm definitely queasier this week and have thought I was going to get sick a few times but so far, nothing has come out. Woo. I'm hoping that stays the same. For the most part I'm still tired and hungry a lot with a little bit of heartburn mixed in. My prenatal vitamins are suddenly making me feel awful so I'm trying to take them before bedtime. My doctor gave me a prescription for diclectin which I am going to pick up this weekend (start of week 6) so that when I do start to feel sick I already have it on hand. 

Baby H: Baby H is now the size of an apple seed! That seems so big compared to last week! I believe Baby H is now officially an embryo and about the shape of a tadpole. He or she is starting to form major organs like the heart, stomach, liver and kidneys as well as the circulatory, digestive and nervous systems. 

My last pregnancy test strip! I can't believe how dark it is!!!

Week 6:

6 weeks! I am still shocked this is real. I'm starting iron supplements this week because my bloodwork showed low iron. This is apparently very common in pregnancy and life in general and may be something I've had for awhile. I will probably be on them until Baby H is here and possibly through breastfeeding. 

I got sick for the first time at 6w2d. So much for avoiding that. :( Just gotta keep remembering that it means baby is doing well! (is that true or is just something people tell themselves to make themselves feel better about living in the bathroom for 4 weeks?) I'm also starting Diclectin this week so maybe I won't get sick like that again (here's to hoping!). This week I've also developed more acne than I've seen since I was 16 and I can't tell you I've missed it. But it'll be worth it, even if I end up with a few new acne scars. 

My blood work is continuing to make leaps and bounds with my 6w5d beta coming back at a whopping: 40,259!!! It's a little annoying having to go for blood work every three days but I can't complain as I watch that number go up, It's not a guarantee, but it is an indication that baby has nestled in comfortably and is growing on track. I keep thinking... maybe my body just sucked at getting pregnant and maybe my body will handle pregnancy well, cos the two aren't really mutually exclusive even though it kinda feels like they are... Here's hoping. Grow, Baby H! Grow!

Baby H: Baby H is the size of a sweet pea this week (or lentil for those of us who have probably never seen a sweet pea). Baby H has officially begun circulating blood and has a heartbeat (which we should see at our ultrasound next week!). He or she now has little paddle-like feet that may be moving. The nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks are beginning to form! Baby H will double in size by week 7! 

Week 7:

Time is moving so fast and slow at the same time! How am I 7 weeks pregnant already?! but how am I not closer to meeting my baby yet? all at the same time. 

I haven't gained any weight. I'm a little proud of that, cos I basically threw my diet plan out the window and have been eating whenever I feel hungry (which is all the time) and not always the best options (but I'm trying!) and my exercise has really slowed down because I am just so damn tired all the time but I'm working on picking that back  up. I have some love handles that could stand to go away. My clothes are fitting a little differently but I think I'm bloated. Either way, the recommended weight gain for the first trimester is 0-3lbs and considering I'm already pretty overweight, I was hoping to stick around the 0 so let's keep that up. 

I did get some of my PinkBlush clothes! The shirts and dresses are great. They sorta fit now since I'm already pretty chubby but there is a lot of room to grow in them! The leggings...well they fit now. I should know better than to order anything that says one size fits all. Come on, Christy, we're smarter than this. So the moral of the story is... I need to buy some maternity bottoms. and prolly more tops but at least I have some work tops/dresses! I'll keep shopping the sales between now and "I can't fit into anything I own!" and maybe check out Goodwill and see what they have. 

We had our ultrasound around 7w3d, Baby H was measuring 7w1d and had a heart rate of 156! I didn't get to see very much because she didn't turn the TV on for me or show me anything but Steve got to watch the whole time and he said he could easily see the little HB flickering away on the monitor!


Baby H: This week Baby H is the size of a blueberry! which seems so much bigger considering he or she was only the size of a poppyseed three short weeks ago! This week Baby H is generating brain cells like crazy and his or her heart is becoming more complex. Kidneys as well as arm and leg joints are forming. 

Baby Harris, I can't tell you how excited I am that you're doing so well and growing so fast. We cannot wait to meet you, we love you so much already and I can't tell you how much we've wanted you. Your dad and I are just over the moon now that we've seen your heartbeat and it just brings us so much joy to know you're here! 

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Christy! I can feel your excitement through your post and it makes me feel so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love. I hope you start feeling really good again!!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery