Transitioning from Infertile to Infertile & Pregnant

I am a member of Fertility Friend (if you are TTC I highly recommend it!) and I am a fairly active member. I love to give advice and squint at tests and offer suggestions. I've found it to be a pretty great community for the most part, with lots of members who are willing and able to help. There are quite a few members, like myself, that have been there for a long time and we're always offering advice and (as crazy as it drives me sometimes) answering the same questions over and over. 

Since finding out that we are having a baby I've transitioned into the pregnancy boards and I've been moderately active on those but I find myself going back to the TTC ones a lot too. They are a comfortable little home for me. I don't have very much advice to offer on a lot of pregnancy-related subjects but I do know a bit about infertility and things you can do to help yourself. 

I tend to be a pretty blunt person, especially when explaining something for the 15th time. Some days my posts are really long and explanatory and other days I'm really short and to the point. I never really felt weird about any of it until now. 

Now that I'm pregnant I feel the need to be a lot softer on my TTC advice. I'm scared to come off like I'm bragging or like I don't understand how it feels to be infertile, when I absolutely do. I feel like I need to justify my advice and explain that I did struggle and continue to struggle with my fertility. I don't want anyone to feel like I am brushing off their struggle with my advice. 

It's been a lot harder to transition to the thought process of being pregnant and sharing my advice about ways to get pregnant and whether or not a test looks positive than I ever thought it would be. In fact, I never thought about it at all until it happened. 

I think there is a learning curve here. I want to be positive and helpful without belittling or ignoring someone's struggle. I care, even if I tend to be a little blunt in my responses, and I just need to find a way to show that I understand and can relate, even though I've conceived. 

tooo far? 
 
 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

2 comments:

  1. Well said, friend!
    LOVE the meme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meme is hilarious. Great post. You I am sure are still a great support.

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery