It's basically July 2015, the weather is beyond hot and I am six months pregnant.
Not only am I six months pregnant but I'm unemployed. Laid off in April on what happened to be Steve's last day of school.
Fast forward three weeks of general unemployment, Steve gets a job. Steve LOVES his job, it's great, they treat him well. Life is good. Til three weeks later when Steve gets laid off because they aren't busy enough and can't afford to pay him.
Fast forward another three weeks to today. I'm unemployed, Steve is unemployed. It's hot as hell and we have a baby coming in 3 months. Hello, stress city, my name is Christy and I'm your new mayor.
The truth is though, panicking and freaking out aren't really going to help here. The market sucks. My old company just went through another round of lay-offs and I hear more are planned in the future. Steve is looking as hard as he can (if you hear of anything for HD Mechanic Apprentices let me know!) but the market trickles down from O&G here. It's quiet there and now everything else is getting quiet.
Fighting with Steve or making him feel guilty isn't really my style. I know he feels bad enough already (and so do I) so what he needs more from me is to be positive. We don't need to sit around feeling bad for ourselves or mad at each other over things out of our control. It's not healthy for us or our marriage.
Staying positive is really our only option here. The market won't suck forever and something good will happen. No one is going to be homeless or go hungry, no bill isn't getting paid. Sure, we aren't doing a lot of "wants" these days but all our needs are met and that's the most important thing. Ellie has a home and a place to sleep.
One day this will be a distant memory, we just have to get to that point.
You guys rock. Everything does happen for a reason so I know everything will fall into place for you just like Ellie did. XOXO
ReplyDelete