Over the Weekend

Friday:
Friday morning I dropped Steve off at work and headed out to visit Rachel! It was awesome to see her and the kids! Her kids are so cute and sweet! Baby Tilly had a bunch of hand me downs for Ellie too! I'm going to use the term bought very loosely here because Rachel really helped us out and sold us all of this for basically nothing. There's a bouncer, a bumbo, a nursing pillow, a bath, a bath seat, a halloween costume that might fit this year, a play mat and a garbage bag and box full of clothes/blankets/burp cloths/bibs. Thank you so much, Rachel!! 


Saturday:

Saturday was pretty low key. Steve was really tired from work but we headed out to Michaels to pick up some more stuff to decorate Ellie's room because I finally got the coupon I was waiting for! This weekend's biggest success was getting a couple of stains out of the clothes we got from Rachel. Most of it was brand new and there were just a couple of pieces including one little sweater I just adore. My friend Jessica suggested a quick home stain removal remedy that I didn't think would work on the lace but it totally did! So happy!

it's still wet in the second picture because I was too excited that the stain came out to wait for it to dry lol
Devastator hanging out under the bassinet, I don't think we will be able to use it for storage lol
Sunday:

Groceries & dinner at dad's! It was my stepmom's birthday dinner and she requested KFC. It did not go well and I've been pretty sick since eating it but there was brownies too! And my sister got Steve's birthday gift in the mail, he was pretty excited about it. He's planning on wearing it to our OB appointment on Thursday.


Monday:
Monday wasn't a part of the weekend (but hey, neither was Friday technically) but I'm throwing it in cos well it's Tuesday and Monday kinda sucked. I spent the day working on the big letter E for Ellie's room. I ended up buying a planter letter from Michaels and then working it to what I wanted it to look like. I couldn't find anything other big E's that worked for what I wanted and it turned out perfect!


And here's the sad part about Monday. Steve's been at his job for about three weeks and he was really enjoying it but unfortunately they aren't as busy as they thought they would be so they cut him loose. We're back to both the Harris's being unemployed (hello, 2015, this was supposed to be our year?). He's pretty disappointed and feeling pretty bad. 

It's not his fault, the market is tough right now. Hopefully it'll turn around soon. And really, isn't it our turn for something good? 

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear they had to let Steve go!
    Sending you guys a lot of good vibes that he's able to find something new quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the haul from Rachel! You should look for a stain stick from "a bunch of farmers" it is all natural and it seriously takes out pretty much everything! You can order it from snugglebugz too. We swear by it!
    That's too bad about the job :( hopefully something else will come up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got some great stuff from Rachel for a good price :) sorry to hear about Steve's job. That must be frustrating :(

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery