Over the WeekendI

Friday:
My mom came to visit for a few hours and we walked over to Carters (so dangerous). I got a package of clothes for Ellie from one of my fave Etsy shops! I ordered the shorts and headbands and she tucked in some extras because she thought it took too long to ship (I didn't but I won't complain about the nice additions either!) I have a super cute pair of mocs that match the arrow headband too. 

I can't wait to see Ellie in those watermelon shorts next summer!!
I spent most of Friday afternoon working on Ellie's mobile. I followed this tutorial, subbing in stars for one of the colours of tulle. The longest part was probably waiting for all the stars and hoops to dry. A new DIY fun fact, empty applesauce containers from Motts are fantastic for holding paint and come completely clean after.



Saturday:

Saturday AM we got up early and headed over to my stepdad's brother's house for his wedding. It was super cute and so fun to see how happy they were! The wedding was at 10am and we stayed for a couple hours before heading out to run some errands. 



We had to stop at Michaels to pick up another roll of white tulle for the mobile. I didn't realize that the sparkly tulles were smaller spools than the regular tulle so I thought I had the same amount (nope and the sparkly ones only had enough for one pompom!). Luckily, I had a 50% off coupon for the second roll of sparkly white. I'm glad I picked out the sparkly white tulle because it ended up making bigger pompoms than the pink so it adds another dimension to the mobile. 

I'll do a post on the cost of making this mobile vs the cost of buying the one that matches our bedding tomorrow

Sunday:

Sunday was our usual Sunday! We got groceries and had dinner at dad's! Last night was spolumbos sausage, baked potatoes and corn with oatmeal gumdrop cookies for dessert! 

I washed all the diapers yesterday and we are all set for stuffing them this week! 


 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend. The mobile is adorable. I need to figure out a mobile to make for a boy! What great things from Cheeky cheeky baby! LOVE her and that shop. I ADORE Carters!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery