Over the Weekend!
We meant to go to bed early but Carla called me at 9 and asked if I wanted to chat while we had baths. I know it sounds weird but we're both so busy it's just one of those things we do. So I ended up talking to her until 11! (bad Christy!)
Sunday:
Sunday was the big day! Steve dropped me off with Andrea at 8:30 and we headed out to Canmore for the Rocky Mountain Soap Company Women's Run (mouthful). The weather was gorgeous but hot! I could definitely tell I've been in bed sick for the last four months and am hella out of shape. I'm going to start going for walks every morning before it gets too hot out.
I have to say of all the 5k's I've done (this, Colour Me Rad and the Neon Run) this one was my favourite! It cost $60 to register, which included a $10 coupon and $50 worth of Rocky Mountain Soap Company swag! At the end of the race they had stations set up with water, juice, cool lavender towels, apples, bagel bits, granola bars, etc and if you headed inside the Nordic Center there was a pasta and salad buffet all included!
It's the first run I've done where they fed you after for sure and the water was so cold and wonderful after all the heat! Not to mention the swag!!! We got a bar of soap (Blossom Berry), foot butter (Fir), natural deodorant (which I've wanted to try! Mine was Lavender and Andrea's was something else), lip balm (Root Beer!) and liquid hand/body soap (Lemongrass, which I love and actually already have in my kitchen but we were almost out of so good timing!)
Afterwards we headed into Canmore to checkout their local yarn store, looooved it! I picked up some gorgeously soft purple mohair to make some goodies for Ellie's newborn photos. We grabbed some ice cream (I think we earned it!) and then headed back home! Did you know DQ has a peanut butter cookie dough blizzard? Go get one.












Those booties are absolutely gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done mama!
Those booties are adorable!! Good for you! That run sounds awesome and such an awesome deal! Good for you!! You should try some PiYo workouts!
ReplyDeleteYou made those booties?? Soo cute!! Were they hard? Knit or crochet? I just got some in for Noah! Good job on the run! Love Canmore! I could move there!!
ReplyDelete