Friday we had Red Dot Restoration come in and fix the window in the nursery. It was cracked and had some damage when we moved in. Since it's an exterior window the condo board paid for the repair. Once he finished Steve and I headed down to TRU to look at some stuff now that we know baby is a girl! I bought a couple of Hello Kitty onesies and a shirt I couldn't resist! Later on, we walked over to the Carter's store near our house to check out baby girl clothes and man, we are in trouble! It's all so cute!!
Saturday:
My mom got in late Friday night after her surgery on Thursday. She was sad to have missed our gender reveal but we Facetimed her during it and saved her a cake so she was pretty happy about that. Saturday she came over for her cake and took me back to TRU and bought Ellie a swing. We lucked out because the one she wanted was on sale! I think it's adorable!
Other than that, Saturday was pretty quiet and rainy! I went to a friend's for a get together Saturday night and ended up feeling super sick but it was still nice to get out, even if the weather sucked.
Sunday:
Sunday morning we ran to Home Depot to get some tape so we could do a second coat of paint in the nursery. After the room was all taped and ready to go we realized we didn't have enough for a second coat so we headed back to Home Depot to get more. And left with a totally different colour! Steve painted the room while I knitted in the living room to save me from the smell of paint (our whole house still kinda smells like it but it's getting better). I'm actually so glad we picked a different colour! I think it looks fantastic and I can't wait to share it.
Getting ready to paint!
We headed over to Dad's for dinner. Chelsea wasn't there cos she was camping this weekend but Mom and Bill came so it was still pretty busy. We had beef stew and chocolate ice cream (with salted caramel sauce). After dinner Steve did another coat in the nursery.
Monday:
We slept in a little on Monday and then Steve and my dad headed over to his house to load up all the baby stuff we had in his basement. It's allllll here! Steve wants to paint the closet in the nursery white (we didn't paint it Sunday) so I am waiting til he does that before I start unloading the totes. I definitely have lots to wash but it feels so good having it all here and actually getting ready to be used!
So excited to see the nursery!! LOVE the crib view. The best.
ReplyDeleteLove the crib! Can't wait to see it all!!
ReplyDelete