Friday: Since it was a long weekend our office closed at 2 (yay!) and Steve got off school early. He met me at work so we could take a very crowded train home together. We went and grabbed groceries really quick and then headed home. Steve made actifry wings for dinner and then we caught up on some very important Netflixing!
Saturday: was Valentine's day! I got up early to make breakfast. I had plans to make heart shaped eggs but it's come to my attention that we won't own a heart cookie cutter so I free-handed some heart shaped toast and just scrambled the eggs. Steve didn't mind! For dinner I made a roast (which I only ever do on Valentine's cos they are so expensive!) with broccoli and potatoes in the actifry. For dessert we got ice cream cupcakes from the Marble Slab! They were amazing and we definitely couldn't finish them in one sitting! We didn't do gifts this year cos we're trying to save up for some big purchases later in the year so instead we focused on having a nice day off together :)
Sunday: Lazy day at home, cleaning the house, doing laundry, etc etc. Dinner at dad's.
Monday: wooo long weekend! Monday Steve & my dad moved a few things over to my sister's house as we continue to work on clearing out the spare room for it's new purpose. I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home and cuddled with Harley and made banana bread. Steve made me wings for dinner (yeah the actifry is so awesome we're having wings 2-3 times a week now....) and homemade mozza sticks. Steve and I spent the night playing Clue and Monopoly!
Back to work today! I took Friday off for a bunch of miscellaneous appointments though so it's definitely a short week for me!
Awesome weekend! Yummy food!! :)
ReplyDeleteAll that food makes me salivate!
ReplyDelete