I have a few blog posts on the back burner, namely VDay and Beta week 3 but a friend directed me over to Kelly's Korner today where they are doing a link up for infertility so I thought I'd do a quick post on where we started and where we are with that.
Steve and I got married in October of 2010. Shortly after that we experienced a miscarriage. After that I decided to go back to school and we kind of put TTC on the back burner for a bit. Fast forward to late 2012. I'd been feeling awful for months and I wasn't sure why. My doctor and I agreed it was time to kick the birth control and Steve and I agreed it was time to kick the birth control. We didn't really expect what followed.
We grow up with this idea that having a baby is super easy. We don't expect to have three month long cycles, we don't expect to have specialist upon specialist appointments, we don't expect it to take time. TTC has a steep learning curve. You go from knowing absolutely nothing about your body or how it works (thank you high school) to learning so much. I feel like at 26 I finally have some sort of idea how of my body works thanks to a whole pile of books and the internet.
I started seeing an endocrinologist in October 2013 and she hasn't been able to find any explanations so I'm meeting my next specialist on Tuesday and going from there. I'm also going to talk to my doctor about getting on the wait list for the local fertility clinic.
Check out Kelly's Korner if you want to join the link up :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment