Food!

It's no secret that I've been trying to lose weight. I've been seeing my doctor for monthly weigh ins and I wasn't exactly well behaved over Christmas. I started T25 on Boxing Day so when I saw her on January 25th I'd only gained a few pounds since the last time I'd seen her (aka I'd lost half of my Christmas gain) and I'd lost a bunch of inches so overall she was happy but I wasn't so much. I mean ya I love losing the inches and ya the scale isn't everything but when your Wii Fit says "that's obese!" in it's cute little voice when you step on... you want the scale to move too.

I decided after my last weigh in to start taking this more seriously. I needed to step up my game nutritionally. Doing T25 burns tons of calories and is totally changing the shape of my body and now that I've started focusing more closely on my food the results are much better. I've now lost almost all of my Christmas gain and I'm working on losing the rest now! 

I downloaded an app called My FatSecret. It's a Canadian calorie counting app!!  Which means I actually has the brand names I eat! I set my limit at 1,500 a day (my doctor suggested 1,200 but I feel like with T25 that's too low). For Valentine's Day Steve also bought me a juicer and it's such a great way to increase my fruit and veggie intake!

Here's some of the stuff I've been eating!
Breakfast is usually a smoothie! This is 1/2c frozen blueberries, 1c almond milk, 1/2 scoop chocolate Vega One, a banana and loooooooots of ice!
Green "Energizing" juice - apple, orange, kale, cucumber, celery, lemon and mint
ABC Juice - apple, beet, carrot, ginger
This giant salad will be my lunches for the week! I usually take a piece of bread with butter along with it!
Homemade Beef & Barley Soup! Recipe
Some of our other favorite dinner recipes:

And to top it off~ Amazing Flour-less Brownies! Recipe
 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery