Over the Weekend! - Vancon Edition!

I haven't posted a lot of recaps because well, when you're unemployed you tend to stay home where the money is safe BUT earlier this year my best friend and I bought passes to Vancon and by the time I'd lost my job we'd basically paid for everything except actually being here so we figured we might as well go.  And well, somethings in the world can only happen to me and going on a trip with me is like being invited into the Murphy's Law that is my life. 

Vancon is essentially a Supernatural (the TV show) convention and I am a giant nerd :) Pls excuse my awesome phone pictures, I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring my good camera. Definitely regret not bringing it tho. Our seats were pretty good and cos we bought passes we got the same seats for the entire weekend, not such a big deal early on but once we got into the bigger panels it was definitely nice to know where we were sitting and not have to fight general admission. 

Thursday:


We arrived in Vancouver at 6:30pm. The flight is pretty short too which was nice, aside from the guy fighting with the flight attendant over not being able to pay for red wine with a prepaid credit card (who orders wine on an hour long flight?). We got a cab to our "hotel" uhhhh, never booking with hotels.com again. The "hotel" was essentially a hostel, the bathroom was in a closet and we had a sink in the middle of our room. The door didn't have actual lock either or air conditioning (and it was so hot my face was red)... or screens on the windows. 

We stayed there for about half an hour before moving to a different hotel cos... no. Luckily, through the booking we were only penalized for one night. The unfortunate part is because it was last minute the only place we could stay was back by the airport, so another $40 cab ride later (and subsequently, $40 to and from the convention everyday). By the time we got in and settled it was almost 11pm! uh... tired. We got some food at the hotel restaurant and headed to bed. 

Friday:


The convention started Friday with some of the minor actors from the show, all of them were really funny and I was really impressed with the panels. We skipped our photo op on Friday and decided to do it on Saturday with everything else. We did try to find somewhere for lunch that Carla could eat at, unfortunately that is usually easier said than done. 

Osric Chau & Gil McKinney
After the panels we opted to skip the karaoke night because we had a 5 hour wait and headed back to the hotel for a quite evening. The beds at the new hotel were horribly uncomfortable so I had a hard time sleeping or being comfortable but it was still better than the hotel from the night before. 


Saturday:

MISHA DAY. I think Jensen and Jared were a bigger incentive for Carla but I was really there for Misha. We each had a photo with him and he did a panel. He is so pretty to look at in real life... He was mugged at a convention last week and seemed a little off but overall it was so nice to meet him and he was really sweet. 

Misha!

Mark Sheppard
I had my Osric Chau photo op on Saturday as well. He was so freaking adorable in real life. Like just a little bubble of sweetness. He pretended to be pregnant in my picture too which was kinda funny. 

Saturday we hung around after all the panels to pick up our photos and for the Saturday night special concert. Carla was really excited because "sometimes" Jensen Ackles shows up and sings. And he did! He was pretty good too. 

Jensen and the band
Sunday:

Sunday was Jared and Jensen day. We got to the convention early for Carla's J&J picture and then we checked out the souvenirs. Nothing really exciting, I ended getting a Punisher pocket watch for Steve. Later on we were getting drinks from the convention centre and I bought a scarf. Everything for SPN seemed really expensive IMO and nothing I couldn't live without. (they had everything in USD too so it's like "here's the price but add 33% to buy in local currency...")

The J&J panel was pretty good. They have an excellent chemistry and seemed genuinely happy to be there which was really nice to see. I expected a lot of the actors to be like... fake nice but if they were they hid the fake part well. They all seemed really happy to be there! After the panel I had my Jensen and Misha photo which is my favourite of the weekend, we decided to do a bump pic together and it's my 34 week picture for this week!!! 

Jensen, Jared and Rob Benedict
We had one last panel with Ruth Connell before the whole thing was over. Misha was signing autographs in the theatre during her panel and kept coming out to joke around with her. She is a excellent panelist and really funny. 

Ruth Connell (isn't she gorgeous?!)
We had to wait for my M&J picture to be done (you have to pay extra for the JPEG or wait and order a hard copy at the end of Sept if you don't wait to get the print) and it ended up not being there til 11:30! (Show ended at 7) so by the time we got back to the hotel we basically ate and passed out.

Flying home this morning!

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery