Over the Weekend!

Thursday:
I'm including Thursday because it was a long weekend and even though I worked on Thursday it kind of impacted the whole weekend. So Wednesday night we dropped off our car at the tire place to get our winter tires taken off (ps it's been snowing for three days now) and to have them check the car cos it's leaking coolant. They call me pretty early and tell me we need a new head gasket and that is going to be $2,600 (cue the crying). 

Friday:
My mom came into town Thursday afternoon and picked up my sister and I to go shopping. I was supposed to drive but was a little nervous about driving the car so my step dad did instead. Which is silly cos then we invited Steve out for lunch and he drove to the mall anyway...

 I spent a pretty penny on some maternity wear and I'm feeling pretty confident I'm almost set!! I have some coupons for the store in May so I'm hoping to go back and get some more maxi skirts and comfy summer clothes then but I do have work clothes now. They have this pillow you can put underneath to mimic what you will look like later on and it was definitely neat to see! Will take some getting used to but I'm excited to look more pregnant than fat! My favourite buy was either this shirt 

I wasn't sure about this at first but as soon as I tried it on I fell in love!
or this dress. 



Steve came down to the mall around 2 and we went to State and Main for lunch! The food was fantastic! 

Friday night we were still full from lunch and didn't end up eating until 8pm and we just had popcorn. 

Saturday:
We had Easter dinner at my dad's house with my mom and everyone (ham, mashed potatoes, buns and veggies with jello and rocky roads for dessert). It's always weird when your divorced parents hang out but I do think it's great they still get along. My mom was really happy she was able to come out and visit. Hoping her house sells soon so she can move back!

Sunday:
We got groceries first thing (shoudl have done that on Saturday cos hello snow!) and then Kiersten picked us up for brunch! Kiersten spent the afternoon helping us fix my sewing machine (which we got working!) and we all watched Interstellar. I was so focused on the machine that I need to watch it again but it was a really interesting concept! We had Sunday dinner at my dad's (beef stew and garlic cheese biscuits with jello for dessert!)

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

2 comments:

  1. Good work on shopping! Where did you get everything? Sounds like an awesome weekend! Darn cars though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Car probs are always expensive!! Sounds like a great weekend othrwise! Shopping is always fun! I actually love it when my parents get back together for us for holidays... They get along, so it is just like the old days, which is nice for my kids now to see too!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery