One year ago today my friend Lawrence was murdered. He had gone to a party to celebrate the end of the semester and along with four others he was stabbed.
It's hard to believe a year has gone by. It feels like it was so recent and yet so long ago at the same time. He was one exam away from finishing a degree he was passionate about. I'm one exam away from finishing a degree. He would have been 28 at the end of April. I'll be 28 this year. I'm feeling the parallels.
It just still seems so cruel that this happened to him and his family. He was a good person. He worked hard. He didn't deserve this.
I don't even care how the trial turns out. Honestly. The boy that did this needs some sort of psychiatric help. But, at the end of the day, locking him up, killing him, letting him out, whatever. It doesn't change anything.
I'm so sorry for your friend. You're making a great tribute to his life, though.
ReplyDeleteGood for you.
I'm so sorry. It's just awful something like this happened here.
ReplyDelete