I don't know what it is about midterms but I swear they bring out the worst in me. I was sitting in a review class and a girl from another class came and she was telling my friend about how she missed one birth control pill and now she's pregnant and I don't know if it's the stress I was under with all my tests or what but I was so upset about it. Life isn't fair and I get that but like ughghghhghg. I've been working so hard at being happy for people and it took one girl to undo all of that in about ten seconds when I should have been focusing on Tax. Sighhhhhhhhh.
I had five midterms over the last two weeks. It went like this.
Week one:
Tuesday - Leadership
Week two:
Monday - 1/2 of External Auditing, Advanced Financial Accounting
Wednesday -Personal & Corp Taxation
Thursday - 1/2 of External Auditing
Unfortunately, though, four midterms was not the only thing going on last week... I mentioned Steve was having some mouth pain and needed to go to the dentist. Well it kept getting worse so I called them first thing Monday morning and begged them to see him that day. They set his appointment for 2pm (right in the middle of my midterm btw) and I went to school. I should also mention I'd been up since 3am worrying about Steve. I wrote my first test and got some lunch before heading to my afternoon test.
I asked my super nice prof to let me leave my phone on during my FA midterm and he agreed, keeping it on his desk so if it rang he would let me know but that way it wouldn't look like I had access to something no one else did. It didn't go off during my test which I actually think made me more anxious. When I finally finished my test I checked my phone - nothing from Steve but a FB status update that said "bye bye molars"
and I'm thinking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
I texted Steve but it was hard to explain so I didn't actually get the full story until I got home. Steve's teeth are in rough shape, we knew that, but we didn't know how rough. One of his bad teeth had broken beneath the gum line and he ended up with an infection in his gums. He was swollen and uncomfortable and he was in so much pain he couldn't eat solid food and actually didn't eat anything most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. They couldn't even really get in there and have a look because of how bad the infection was.
The antibiotics have been working and they gave him some painkillers to get him through the worst of it and he's back at the dentist on the 5th so they can assess the damage but so far it looks like he's gearing up to get 12 teeth pulled. I spent an hour at Wal Mart Wednesday morning trying to pick out food that you don't have to chew just so I could get some food into him.
He's feeling a little better today and he managed to eat spaghetti for dinner last night so I'm just hoping the infection is gone now and we can start figuring out the extractions... Oh and I'm glad midterms are over and I can breathe for a couple of weeks...
0 comments:
Post a Comment