But I've entered a challenge to knit/crochet 12 preemie hats over the next two weeks and donate them to a local hospital!
I am proficient enough in crocheting that I think I can handle most of the patterns and I did see one or two knit ones in the list.
I'm super busy with work and school and my own Christmas knitting (I propose an extra week between now and Christmas, just for knitting) but preemie hats are relatively quick and I think it would a really nice thing to do. I've contacted the Canadian NICU Support Foundation to see where/how to donate them. According to their website they need an average of 50 hats a week! My little dozen might not seem like so much compared to those stats, but it has to help right? Maybe I'll work on getting through some of the yarn I have and have no idea what to do with in the new year and make them some more...
So if any of you can knit or crochet, consider joining the challenge! I know a lot of moms who have had NICU babes.
What a kind and caring thing to do. I'm sure they'll be cherished.
ReplyDelete