Thanksgiving 2014
- My husband. He's absolutely the perfect person for me and I'm so lucky to have him in my life.
- My dad. He's always there to calm me down and help me out when we need it.
- The kitties. They drive me batshit most of the time but they are also the best kitties out there and I wouldn't give them up.
- My job. I'm so grateful to have a good, steady job that pays me enough money that we can handle Steve going to school and not really working for 8 months.
- And we have enough money that our bills are paid, we have cable and internet and cellphones. We have food and yarn. Things are tight, but really, we aren't suffering.
- Carla. She's by best friend and she understands me like no one else. Just talking to her makes me feel better on really bad days.
- The fertility clinic. We aren't pregnant yet but I'm so grateful to live in a time and place where we are able to get assistance and hopefully we will be by the end of the year or sometime next year.
- That Steve was able to see his dad. Steve came home on Sept 14th and his passed away on the 17th. There is no way to describe how grateful I am that Steve had the opportunity to say goodbye. He has handled his dad's passing fairly well and I think a large portion of that comes from the fact that he was able to see him right before.
I am grateful for a loving family, strong friendships, tea, tumblr, knitting, new yarn, fresh baked cookies, being able to get up every morning and go to a job I enjoy. I'm grateful for infinity scarves and Etsy and every doctor who has tried to help us.
My weekend sucked. Well Sunday night did. But that's not every weekend. We also got to have a delicious turkey dinner at my dad's Sunday and go see a movie with Carla on Monday. I got to spend two days off with Steve.
Oh and I'm grateful Netflix has Gilmore Girls cos... wooooo!!









Awe I am sorry Christy. :( I know feelings like this all too well. I love your list, you do have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to!! Hang in there. Email me if you feel you want to chat.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to remind ourselves that while we may not have everything we want, we do have an awful lot.
ReplyDelete