Maybe I should be less dramatic...Thursday

Just a follow up to yesterday's TTC Wednesday.

This sucks, it totally sucks but it probably doesn't completely drop our chances to zero. We do have some positives. Like while I do have PCOS I also ovulate on my own and regularly. And while I do have a unicornuate uterus I don't have a rudimentary horn so I don't need surgery or have to worry about it getting in the way if/when we get pregnant. So maybe our prognosis isn't as bleak as I thought. 

Steve picked me up from the train station yesterday and my I-never-know-what-to-say husband looked at me and said, "you know this isn't your fault right? you need to stop blaming yourself." and I proceeded to bawl all the way to the grocery store. The thing is though, he's RIGHT. He's completely right. The uterus, I was born with that. It happened long before I even knew I had a uterus (it's weird to think of lil babies having uteri but they totally do). PCOS is a hormonal imbalance I was probably also born with.

I took parenthood for granted. I took it as a given. I just assumed that one day I'd stop taking birth control and we would be a family of three. Or a family of five because I originally wanted three kids. I was taught that if you have unprotected sex you will, eventually, have a baby. I remember when we got married I figured we'd have two kids by now. 

I wanted to be done having kids before I turned 30. I'm going to be 27 next month. I looked back at my 26th birthday post and I talked about how I couldn't believe we still weren't pregnant and how I never imagined I'd be 26 and childless. I've kinda gotten off on a weird tangent here. 

I don't know if we will have kids and I think that's the scariest part. I wish I could fast forward to next year or the year after and just see the outcome. See that all this time/money/heartbreak is worth it. I want to see the happy ending. I just don't know if we can any more or what it's going to take.

That wasn't any less dramatic than yesterday... was it?

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

1 comment:

  1. Awe I am sorry. I know that feeling. I too wanted to be 30 and be done. I was 30 and still not pregnant. Everything can change so fast. Steve is awesome - it's isn't your fault and you are doing everything you can. Cut yourself some slack friend. The unknown is the scariest for sure but don't go there - think of now and what you ARE doing to get there.

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery