I've been avoiding my HSG for a lot of stupid reasons. I'm scared they'll find something. I'm scared they won't find anything. I'm scared it will hurt. Blah blah blah. While all of these fears are realistic they are also silly. The whole reason we started this whole process of going to my doctor was to get answers.
The answers aren't necessarily going to be the answers I want. I mean if they were we wouldn't be here. But they will give us a better picture. A better idea. Plus getting some of this testing out of the way can only help when we get into the fertility clinic. Chances of them sending me for a second HSG if it comes back normal are pretty slim.
Is it possible for ovarian cysts to block your tubes? I have no idea. It could be something else too. Or they could be fine and it's just my PCOS issues holding us back. There is only one way to really find out. I have to do some bloodwork for the gyno too so I plan to get that done this cycle. I go back to the endocrinologist in June and potentially the gyno as well once she has all my results. My regular doc also put me on 250mg of Metformin 2x a day to see if that helps a little bit too. We both agreed it couldn't hurt so I'm on that for a month and then we will go from there.
I booked my HSG for Monday. I go for blood work tomorrow and then again at 7DPO. It's time to suck it up and start working towards finding the answers I need.
0 comments:
Post a Comment