Happy 33rd Birthday Steve!!!
![]() |
| the birthday boy being silly! |
Originally I was going to get Steve a PS4 for his birthday but we received some unpleasant news the day before his birthday and we had to rearrange our video gaming plans. Steve's dad has a brain tumor, we've known that for years. In fact, Steve's dad was given less than a year to live before we got married almost four years ago. He went into remission and has been doing really well for the last couple of years until recently they found a new tumor. It's not responding to the meds they are giving him and unfortunately he won't be able to come visit this summer like he wanted to. I suggested to Steve that instead of spending the money on his PS4 if we could use that money to send him to visit his dad this summer. So Steve's present will be going to see his dad for a couple of days over our holidays in July.
I also took him to the mall after dinner and bought him a new wallet cos his was falling apart. We wandered around and checked a lot of places and didn't find anything he liked until we came across a store neither of us had heard of (the girl said they'd only been in the mall for two weeks) and he found this wallet:
It's a really nice soft leather and they have the RFID protector built into the wallet! And it was definitely on the cheaper side of what we'd been looking at. Steve loves it, which is really all that matters.
I don't know if I'd call it the best birthday, I know he's pretty worried about his dad but I'm glad I have my job now so we're in a position where sending him out there for a weekend is completely possible and he'll get to see his dad at least once. Hopefully we'll be able to go again in a few months.











Happy birthday to him. Glad he had a good birthday. I think that's a great gift to so see his Dad. Hope he has a good visit.
ReplyDeletethank you!
Delete