Dinosaur Day!

Every year the University of Calgary does a couple Milky Way nights where you can go out to their facility and look out the telescopes and talk about space and science and all sorts of cool stuff. This year we were going to go with Bryce but the weather was terrible and it was so cloudy we wouldn't have been able to see anything so we decided to wait for the one in September.

Another thing we wanted to do that weekend was hit the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller but that didn't happen either cos we had some other stuff to do. 

SO last week Bryce and I were out running and we had the brilliant idea that we should go this(last) weekend and surprise Steve. So I told poor Steve we were going to some out of town market we heard about and then on Sunday we were going to the market we usually go to so the poor guy thought we were spending the whole weekend buying fruit. Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 

Then while he was getting ready for work on Friday night I packed up some snacks. He caught me so I lied through my teeth saying I wasn't sure how far it would be so I thought I would bring food..

Saturday rolled around and we took the kitties in for their annual check up (all healthy. Isis is a little chunky but otherwise everyone looks good and healthy!) and then we went home and had lunch. After lunch we picked up Bryce and headed out of the city. Bryce worked up some hints for Steve as to where we are going but he ended up giving up and just played his DS in the backseat cos we wouldn't tell him anything other than we weren't going to the market and we kept making T-Rex noises but he wasn't impressed.

In hindsight, maybe a Saturday in August wasn't the best time to go, it was SO BUSY, but it was still fun and super neat! I do not know any technical dinosaur terms, so I can't tell you what most of these are actually called...
Dinooooooooooooo

this looked kinda like a giant turtle!

All I know is the tail above this guy is from the giant T-Rex!

Dino eating another dino

This is my fav pic from the day!

T-Rex hips! OMG so huge!

Dino foot

Back of a stegosaurus

T-Rex! I only had my 50mm lens with me so I couldn't actually get a picture of all of him! 
And then Sunday we actually went to the market and bought tons of fresh fruits and veggies! 
 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery