The Fourth Trimester - Mom

Miss Ellie will be turning 3 months old on Friday, signalling the end of the fourth trimester! I've been super lucky (and not so lucky cos unemployed husband sucks in a way) that Steve has been home with us. He's been a ton of help with Ellie and one of the main reasons I've been able to continue pumping and establish good supply and a good routine. 


Weight:

Well, my pregnancy was a bit of an enigma. I didn't really gain any weight while pregnant but only lost about 5lbs PP. So I'm not exactly sure where I was hiding Ellie but she was there, I have the stretch marks and scars to prove it! Either way, mama has weight to spare and it's gotta go. Definitely plan to tackle it in the new year. 


Sleep:

What is that? I kid. Ellie is a pretty good sleeper. Unfortunately I'm not much for napping so I'm only getting what I do at night. Usually she goes down at 8 or 9 and we go to bed 11 and sleep til 3 or 4 and then 5-7/8 if I can get back to sleep. She's still pretty small so I'm not anticipating sleeping through the night anytime soon. Plus if Ellie doesn't wake me my boobs usually do! 

Emotionally:

It was a little touch and go while Ellie was in the hospital but everything improved drastically once we were home. 



Having Steve home has been really great for this. The extra set of hands have been invaluable. And he's insisted I continue going to knit night so once a week I get 2 hours all to myself out of the house. I miss Ellie like crazy but I know she's perfectly fine with her dad and I love all the bonding time they have been getting! And having Steve home means we're eating regular meals throughout the day, I'm getting regular showers, etc. I'm feeling pretty good and pretty blessed. 




Randoms:

My hair is falling out. WTF. I am shedding like an entire human being worth of hair every time I shower. Does this ever stop?!

Surprises:

Somethings I didn't expect PP
  • How much water you have to drink while breastfeeding
  • How hard breast-feeding is... and how I'm starting to think we will never get it...
  • How tired I actually would be
  • How overwhelmed I would feel initially
  • How a little smile from Ellie could diffuse any and all frustration 
  • How amazing it is watching her learn and grow
  • How amazing it is to see my husband becoming a dad

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

2 comments:

  1. The shedding lasted a while for me! I don't know what was worse...the shedding or the tiny little hairs (especially on the bottom or sides of my head) that are now starting to grow back. That sounds really negative and I'm not meaning to! As much as it sucks that your husband is unemployed, having the help and extra hands each day is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the hair shedding is annoying, but be prepared for new growth, which is also equally annoying! haha. Glad things are going well!! I think the thing about parenthood, is that none of us have a clue what we are doing, but we are all getting by. Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery