My birthday was 2 weeks ago! Time is a bit of an enigma these days but I'm starting to catch up. You may recall last year how I had a hard time turning 27 and still struggling with whether or not I'd be a mom. Surprise! I turned 28 this year as a new mom :)
Two days before my birthday I woke up with Ellie around 7 in the morning. We fed her, I pumped and as I was going back to bed my hand brushed my c-section scar and it HURT. Which was weird because I healed really well from my c-section and considering it had been healed since they checked it at 3 weeks PP and I was now 10.5 weeks PP...wtf. Anyway, it was bright freaking red. So instead of going back to bed I headed to the walk-in clinic and left Ellie with Steve. And because I didn't have my little babe with me I had to sit in the regular waiting room with all the sick people for 2 hours. Anyway, my incision was infected. The only thing the doctor and I could think was maybe some milk got trapped down there? No idea. Super annoying.

Anyway, on my birthday I was woken up by a sick baby who couldn't breathe. Yep, I caught a cold at the walk-in and miss Ellie caught it. I was sick for a week, she was sick on my birthday. Half way through feeding her Steve had to switch out with me because he had food poisoning. So for my birthday we were all sick! We spent most of the day just hanging out. Steve did pick up take out and cupcakes for my birthday dinner because we didn't want to go out for dinner and bring Ellie if she wasn't feeling well.
Some highlights though, I did get to spend the day snuggling my little peanut! And even though she wasn't feeling well she was in pretty good spirits all day. I love this little smiling face!
And I ended the day with some new face stuff, the HK diaper bag I had been eyeing for awhile and Yoshi's Wooly World!
Poor you - not a way to remember a birthday! Happy Belated!
ReplyDeleteUgh that does not sound like a fun birthday, but it sounds like you made the best of it! Having Ellie would be the best gift ever, sick or not :) hope you feel better!!
ReplyDelete