This is the cycle that never ends

I called my RE on Friday and asked about Provera since I was 62 days into my cycle with no end in sight. I really want to just take the Letrozole and get a move on. Of course, they won't just give you a prescription without a few tests (I always laugh when they ask if I've taken a home pregnancy test. I'm two months into my cycle & trying to get pregnant... I've taken more pregnancy tests than I care to admit lady). Anyway, so I left work early on Friday and hit the lab on my way home. I also stopped and picked up some tea that can help induce my cycle if I drink it in copious amounts. 

Saturday morning I called and the nurse answered right away, I always get so flustered when they answer. I'm used to leaving a message! She said my blood work told us three things, I'm not pregnant (duh), I didn't ovulate (double duh) and my estrogen was high. Which is really weird because Letrozole works by lowering estrogen so that you ovulate soon/more/better/at all. So if my estrogen is high while on Letrozole, even two months later, that could be a whole other issue. 

When they called today they have decided to give me the Prometrium prescription and I'm supposed to take it for 10 days. If my cycle doesn't end within two weeks of the prescription stopping I'm supposed to call back, otherwise just start my Letrozole on CD3. She didn't mention my estrogen and I forgot to ask but maybe it wasn't a big issue if my doc didn't want to see me over it? I'm sure I've just scared myself on google. 

I wish I knew why this had to be so hard. 

Like, if I have PCOS and half a uterus and high estrogen... Maybe I should just give up? I feel like every time we get somewhere it's one step forward, one giant diagnosis back. 


 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I have been there with those feelings!! I had soo many things going wrong I thought it was impossible to go right sometimes. I often asked what next... What can fail me next? It can happen... It will happen!! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery