How is it December 1st already? Where has 2014 gone?!
Today's been a blah day fertilitywise but I don't really feel like talking about it so I thought I'd do some other updates instead.
Things I've been meaning to update on:
- Steve: is kicking ass at school! He is the top of his class and second in his program. I am so proud of him! He's going to write his first apprenticeship exam in January and his second in April once he finishes next semester! I am literally counting the days until he's working again but I know this is totally worth it. He's so much happier already! Steve is also growing a beard and it looks really cute!
- School: for me anyway. I'm almost done my second work experience semester! I have one assignment to finish and a presentation on the 13th. I have one elective left after this and I've registered for Management Policies starting January 6th at night. My last final exam will be April 18th and then I will
finally have my degree!
- CPA: Once I have my degree I'm going to start looking into the CPA program. I've met all the class requirements and all I have left is to meet the degree requirement to get into the program. A lot of this rests on whether or not we get pregnant. CPA is broke up into four modules and an exam. There is a module running from September to November next year so if it doesn't look like we will have a kid before then I might try and get module 1 done next year, I kind of plan on working them around each other. I do have to be working to do the modules so if by some miracle I'm ever on maternity leave I'll take a CPA break as well.
- Work: is good. We are moving offices in two weeks and I'll have a slightly bigger one and way more furniture! I have a week off starting Dec 13th and between that and Christmas I'll only work 5 out of the 14 work days in the last two and a half weeks of December. I like having paid holidays!
- Christmas: I'm super behind in my Christmas knitting, as usual, but I'm slowly powering through all the hats I have to make. and I found some cute owl ornaments I'm hoping to have enough time to throw in with the gifts. I ordered some shea butter and cocoa butter and shipped them to my mom's US address. She's bringing them next weekend so I can make some whipped body butters to put in with my Christmas gifts as well. We are basically done shopping except for each other. I think we are going to hit the mall one of my days off and just split up to finish.
- Adoption: So that's kinda fertility related but anyway. I found a private adoption agency I think I'm leaning on. It's a little bit cheaper than some of the other ones I've looked at. We'd be paying around $12,000 (same as a round of IVF). They say on their website that placements take an average of 12-30 months (which is better than the up to 9 years the public adoption website talks about) and they place kids 2 and under. We agreed that we'd be fine with anything under 2 when we first started to talk about adoption so I think it would work for us. They do require all their adoptions to be open adoptions but we are both okay with that. I mentioned that I'd been looking into adoption to my dad and his response was, "adoption is always better than abduction" oh dad jokes... Either way, I think we've definitely agreed it's on the table for next year if we don't conceive with the IUI. It might take longer but I feel like it has more of a guarantee than IVF, especially with my poor uteri.
Great update! Hope your day is ok. SO glad you found a good adoption agency!
ReplyDeleteI agree, this year has flown by! Sounds like you guys have lots of great things to keep you busy :)
ReplyDelete