TTC Wednesday

I am writing this post on Christmas Eve but I'm not going to publish it for a few days. I don't want this to be anyone's focus for the season but I feel like I need to get it out anyway.  

Our appointment this morning was fine, we confirmed I didn't ovulate on the third cycle but she does think the spotting was as close to a period as I'm gonna get from that cycle. Based on that assumption I'm either CD10 or 11 so we decided the Provera (medication to induce a period) would likely cause more problems than it would help. She thinks we should try a higher dose of the Letrozole starting next cycle for three cycles. If it doesn't work then we will look at insemination. 

I trust my doctor. I like her and I do think she knows what she is doing. She was happy with my ovulation on the Letrozole (even though I ovulate on my own which no one seems to be able to accept because I have PCOS) and  that I didn't have too many side effects. t can't help but think, though, that the medication isn't helping us and isn't going to help us. And if we do three more cycles of it after this cycle that takes us to mid April just discussing IUI. 

I do think the main reason for this is my uterus. Having only half a uterus makes everything trickier and they want to avoid multiples. She said I should be able to carry one baby without an issue but definitely no more. (Which I'm fine with and Steve was extra fine with). I'll automatically be high risk just because of my uterus so she wants to do everything she can to keep my risks low. I can't really fault her for that. 

My goal was to have a baby this year. And then it was to be pregnant by the end of the year. And now it was to have a baby next year. None of these things are looking like they are going to happen and I'm sitting here, looking at my Christmas tree, watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and I'm just wondering how I'm going to do another Christmas without a baby next year. I'm going to turn 28 and Steve, 34. 

That's what bothers me. Another three and a half months, maybe four, before we will consider the IUI. and if they make us take one or two cycles off... that's June. 

I'm so tired of waiting. I don't know what to think. 

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

2 comments:

  1. I feel you. The next time I put up this tree, I still won't have a baby. Again. I really thought this would be the year. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,
    You've been beyond wonderful to me the last few weeks so I'm here for you, you know that.

    I want to tell you that my fingers are crossed with you and I'm along for the ride with those three cycles. I am hoping, hoping and hoping some more, that one of those 3 cycles work for you.

    Because, if there is one thing I know, we never know what can be the thing that works!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery