Sometimes, there are no words

There are people in this world that make you a better person simply by knowing them. They are the kind of people who remind you to be good and kind to everyone you meet. They remind you to be honest and hard working and they remind you to be yourself. There is no doubt in my mind that Lawrence Hong was one of these people.

I met Lawrence in the 8th grade and we were fast friends. We spent many years growing and learning together and I wouldn’t trade those years for anything. I can remember falling asleep on the phone listening to him talk into the wee hours of the morning. I can remember Chinatown lunches, endless DDR and skipping assemblies in favor of my dad’s condo. Mostly though, I can remember Lawrence. His impossibly big smile, inescapable hugs and his distinct laugh that you could hear down the hall. I can remember the little shriek he would make when he was really excited. I can remember the way he would always be available when we needed a friend, wanted to let loose or needed to get something done. He was always there for everyone.

I feel like I am a better person for knowing Lawrence and I am grateful for the opportunity to know, love and remember such a wonderful person.
 
RIP Lawrence Hong. April 30th 1986 - April 15th 2014
L to R: Lawrence Hong, Vanessa Wedge, Eric Hickie, Myself
many, many moons ago.
 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery