Easter 2014

With everything going on Easter was a little bittersweet this year. My mom came to visit which was a lot of fun but I didn't see her very much. 

I went to school Thursday morning before I met up with a friend to pick up supplies for the memorial bracelets we made for the memorial I set up for Lawrence. They say BSD5 LH which stands for the 5 victims of this tragedy and Lawrence's initials. 

I spent most of Friday and Saturday making bracelets and catching up with friends and organizing the memorial. We had Easter dinner Saturday night (ham, mashed potatoes, buns, brownies and apple crumble) before I headed home for more bracelet making. I'd love to say the bracelets turned out great (and Michelle, Nikki and Sarah's all did) but mine kinda looked like a 5 year old made them and took a really long time because I couldn't get the system down but they were worth the effort. 

BSD5 in honour of the 5 lives cut short, and LH for Lawrence
Sunday morning we had brunch with my parents (waffles, eggs and sausage) before Steve and I headed home to get ready for the memorial. We took it easy and I napped on and off on the couch because I haven't been sleeping well since we found out about Lawrence. Around 245 we headed to my old high school and set everything up.
The lovely floral arrangement we brought, the basket holding the bracelets, the notebook everyone wrote in and the donation jar Mike Wells made 
The memorial was simple, I spoke a little bit and we took donations for the family and handed out bracelets. It was nice to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time. Lawrence's family was able to attend and it was nice to see his parents finding a moment to smile as they met Lawrence's friends and heard all the wonderful stories people had to share. We were able to raise $2,500 to help them cover funeral costs as well and put together a small book where everyone wrote them a message. I am also grateful for the help of Calgary Police who ensured that the media didn't come in or bother anyone so we could take a moment to breathe and grieve as a group. 






The next few days are going to be tough, I can't deny that. Lawrence's funeral is on Wednesday and as nice as it is to catch up with old friends, I can't help but be heartbroken on how this came to pass. All I can offer is this, hold your loved ones close. Hold them closer than you think you should because when they are gone you'll wish you held on so close that neither of you could breathe. 

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery