Some Updates!
Just call me Christy Harris, super bad blogger ;)
Things that have happened since we've last chatted...
1. I got the job I wanted!!! YES!!!!!! I start part time on the 7th and will work a couple of shifts up to the 16th and then I'm off for finals and I start permanently on the 25th! I have a permanent job! I can't believe it. I was so sure I'd be either unemployed or in another student job. The student jobs are nice because we are exposed to other stuff but they end. Since Steve is starting school in September permanent works out so much better for us! And not only is it in my field but they are happy to do the work experience I need to finish my degree so that will be done THIS YEAR!
2. I caved and bought Insanity and I think I might actually be insane for doing that but I started on Monday and I am really excited to see how it goes. It's definitely intense and I did spend 5 minutes staring at my TV last night thinking "there is no way I can do that part" but maybe by the end I'll be able to!
3. I signed up for two 5k runs this year. What on earth am I doing to myself? haha.... I signed up for the Color Run at the end of June and the Neon Run in September. I don't know if I'll be able to run the whole thing or any thing yet. Once the weather actually turns to spring I really need to get out and start running cos last time I checked...we were no where near 5k. I'd like to be able to run the Neon one flat out for sure. I don't know if I'll be there by June but if I am and can run the Color one straight out too that would be sweet!
4. Steve is going to school! I have touched on this a few times but never actually got around to talking about it! Back in February Steve wrote the entrance exam and we found out the next day he's in! He will be going to school starting in September for 8 months and he'll come out a 3rd year Heavy Duty Mechanic apprentice! He is very excited to get out and do something different. He'll almost double his income when he finishes which is really exciting considering he's almost hit the ceiling where he is now!
5. We are buying a condo this summer! The discussions have been in the works for almost a year and I haven't said much because I wasn't sure what the full on plan was until recently. My step-mom and her sister own a condo together and they are looking to sell it to us. They are offering us a very fair price, below market value, and we're either going to buy it on our own or, if that doesn't work with my just starting work or Steve going back to school, my dad will buy it and we will pay the mortgage and next summer we will take it over. It's about the same size as what we have now and we will be doing a cosmetic overhaul to it before we move in but I can't tell you how excited I am at the prospect of not renting anymore!! It will also put us in a much better position for buying a single family home in a few years!!!









Such awesome news!! Job. Condo. Workouts! You are kicking butt. Good work friend!
ReplyDeletethank youuuu!
Delete