10 days

Eleanor Lillian, you are 10 days old today. I worried my whole pregnancy about whether or not I would bond with you. I kind of found pregnancy to be a little weird and while I thought the kicks were cute I didn't really find myself getting attached. Part of me always worried something would happen and I had such a hard time picturing life with you that I just sort of... didn't. And then I worried that having a c-section would make it harder to bond with you.

I was wrong though, there is just something about that first time I saw you and the first time I saw your dad see you. I love you more than I imagined I could for someone I've only known for 10 days (and give or take 8 months). You are such a sweet baby, you just love to be cuddled and so far any time you get fussy you just need mom or dad to talk to you and you start smiling and looking around.

You've been so much more alert in the last few days. I don't think you can actually see very much yet but you love to follow sounds and try and figure out what's going on. You have the cutest little confused expression anytime we do anything new.

You had your first bath this weekend! You didn't scream like most babies. You fussed a little bit but the second the nurse got you in the water you were just so content. You spend more time trying to figure out what was going on. 

You are getting better and better at eating every day. I really think we will be bringing you home soon. We love you so much. I can't believe how far you have come in 10 days. Some times it feels like we may never get to leave the NICU but we will, you're not going to let us stay there. You're ready to come home I think, you just need to master eating. 


 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

1 comment:

  1. Aw love this. She is adorable. You are doing great mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery