Wedding Ring

When Steve and I first got engaged I didn't have an engagement ring. We got engaged in December and I wore a promise ring until about March when we decided to have a ring custom made. 


Can we talk about how far phone pictures have come? Seriously.....

The wedding band we selected and bought before we bought the engagement ring didn't fit very well with it and we had to get a spacer put between them to stop the engagement ring from wearing the gold away and pushing out the stones. I didn't love having the spacer but it worked. 

We need to replace Steve's ring soon too.
And then I decided to go back to school. and work at Costco. Which was great but not wedding ring friendly. We bought a plain band to wear while I was there and I would leave my pink ring at home. One day I must have forgotten to switch them and by the time I noticed the inevitable had already happened. I'd wrecked my ring. I don't have a picture of the tragedy but the halo of diamonds was bent and missing a few stones. This happened a few months before our first wedding anniversary and I was beside myself. Steve eventually bought me a new wedding set which I loved but not as much as my original ring. 

When I got my full-time job I decided I wanted to get my ring fixed. I asked Steve about it being my anniversary gift this year and he said it was okay with him. I contacted the company who made my ring originally and sent them some pictures of the damage. The lady told me they had redone that design over the last three years to make it stronger and she gave me a couple options to choose from. We agreed on a design and to pay the difference from my original ring to the cost of the new design minus a few credits (they took off 10% because the ring got damaged, credited us for the gold and for the stones they weren't going to re-use).

Yesterday, this came back to me: 

This is also a phone picture so .... wow. Roughly four and a half years apart. 
I couldn't be happier with the ring, this is how I pictured it from the beginning and it feels so good to have it back and functional!

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

3 comments:

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery