Neon Run

Originally I had wanted to run The Neon Run but I wasn't feeling all that great on Saturday. And my friend isn't allowed to run while she switches up her medication so we decided to walk it. This was actually a good idea since it was at Spruce Meadows so it was pitch black outside and we were walking on uneven ground and I have a tendency to roll my ankle. So slow & safe we went. 

I have mixed feelings about it. I liked it better than Colour Me Rad mostly cos I thought CMR was pure torture. I do think they could have made it a little safer though considering you have people running in different directions on the same path in the dark (there were pylons but you couldn't see them. Most of them got kicked into the path). And the end was kinda... lame. It just ended there was nothing special there. I also was not a fan of a) being slimed and b) having not one, but two people throw handfuls of powder into my ear. It's still blue. 

That being said, it was super fun to hang out in the black light area and I don't know if it was because we were walking but we definitely ended up more...coloured than anyone else we saw! I would do it again but maybe bring some more glowing stuff so we can kinda light our path up.

Carla, me, JayDean

Getting ready to start! Just an aside, there was a guy up in a crane throwing glowsticks wearing a shirt that said "Suns Out, Guns Out" and I found it hilarious cos we were going for a night time run

Carla & JayDean

I don't know why I look scared in this picture!

Carla, me & JayDean in the black light area

The end!


 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery