TTC Wednesday: Worry

Today is officially one year since I started blogging our infertility journey. 
I don't know where all this self pity came from but I'm getting annoyed with myself. Have you ever been annoyed with yourself? It's hard and weird. 

I don't know if it's because we have reached a point I thought we'd never reach? I have no idea. I feel disappointed in myself in a lot of ways. I know it doesn't make any sense since I have basically no control over any of this but still. I'm 26 years old. I can't even do the one thing I SHOULD be able to do. Like, people manage it without even trying. Without wanting it. 

I used to wonder if maybe I didn't want it enough. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough, maybe I didn't want it enough but then... how could that be true? I want it so much it keeps me up at night, it's on my  mind everyday. I avoid baby showers and visiting newborns even though I love babies because every time I do I come home and cry. I love babies. I want to celebrate babies. I just can't figure out how to celebrate babies without being so jealous and angry at myself. 

Birth Without Fear posted a photo on Facebook the other day of a father holding his daughter for the first time after seven years of infertility. He's clutching her so tightly and bawling and I want to cry just looking at it because I want that for Steve so badly. 

Sometimes I feel like I'm holding him back and I worry. All I do these days is worry. 

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

3 comments:

  1. Trust me. That moment when you see Steve holding you baby will make all this pain worth while. Keep fighting for that moment!! It will come. I know it seems so far away but it will. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened to click on your name off Jenni Goodlin's blog and this was the first post I saw. I had to comment and just wish you the best and say I'm so sorry for your pain. I suffer from endometriosis, and ended up having to have a complete hysterectomy because of it - without ever being able to conceive. So I know the pain of wanting a child all too well. I know all about avoiding baby showers and new births. Ugh. Let yourself feel those emotions and never feel guilty for it. Only you know the depth of the pain you feel inside. I will add you to my prayer list and sincerely hope you are able to conceive soon.
    Wishing you the very best!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery