The Most Expensive Weekend Basically Ever

Last week on Monday we did our taxes and found out we were getting a pretty good tax return! yay! So we decided that since we had some cash coming our way I could finally buy Steve the new TV I have been promising him since we moved in together in 2009 :D. We found one we liked and it was on sale so we picked it up on Wednesday.

We were also toying with the idea of getting a new couch, ours is getting to be very uncomfortable. We saw one on the Brick website we kinda liked but we were worried it was too close to what we already had and it would probably end up just as bad. We went to a couple furniture stores after we bought the TV and found a couch we both LOVED at Ashley furniture. It was only 1.5x the cost of the one from the Brick >.> so we ordered it! It won't be here until April 18th tho! (has the world not learned how impatient I am? I WANT IT!).

Thursday night/Friday morning the power went out a few times in the middle of the night (we know because our fire alarm went off every time it did). Steve woke me up at 4 am to say his phone didn't charge and that he thought the power outage shorted out his charger. I mumbled something about him taking my phone but then realized I could give him my battery and charge my phone since I didn't have to leave til 7:15. I put my battery in his phone and it turned on and he went to work.

When he got off work he tried to plug his phone into the car charger and it wouldn't charge so he turned it off so the battery wouldn't die completely. That is the last time Steve's phone was on. It won't turn on now. I have tried a thousand different ways and different things and this battery and that battery. It's toast. So Friday afternoon I checked our Rogers account and luckily Steve had no early upgrade fee (I had one) and we went and got new phones. Steve's was free because they gave us a $50 credit on each phone, no early upgrade fee and they waived the activation fee. So we really just had to pay for mine! (I know I didn't need one but I wanted a new one too lol)

So in the last week we have purchased
- a new TV
- a new couch
- two new phones
- I got some new work clothes

on top of the various normal weekly spending. I can hear my wallet crying from here! oh and it's new too because my old one was stuffed to the brim...lol

 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery