Daisy
![]() |
| One of the pics from our Kijiji ad for Daisy |
Daisy was a very special foster.
After Lady left we picked a cutie named Georgie. He was with us for maybe 20 hours before he got adopted! That's what he gets for being so cute! After Georgie left Eliza, one of the ladies who works for OAD, mentioned that they had a kitten with a crippled paw at the pet store. They wanted someone to foster her and make sure she was eating and figure out what was up with her paw. We were a little nervous that it was a lot to take on, especially because we weren't sure if we would be home enough, but as soon as we opened the cage she started purring and nuzzling us. So we took her home.
That night she started experiencing some diarrhea and she wasn't eating. I got nervous, what if she had worms? The only thing separating her from our cats was a door. I messaged Eliza right away. While we were talking Steve came in to let me know it happened again and there was blood in it. Eliza authorized us to take her to the Fish Creek animal hospital. The only catch was... she needed a name to call ahead with. So we called her Daisy. It was 11pm and the first thing we thought of lol.
The doctor established she didn't have worms, thank God! Just an upset tummy, likely from nerves. And she had an ear infection in both ears. The vet also xrayed her paw and figured out her paw had been broken at some point and healed very poorly. There was some calcification on the injury as well and some sores on her forearm because she walked on it. The vet said we might have to consider removing her arm.
We had Daisy on medication for her ear infection and her tummy for a week. Oh man did she hate that! She would forgive us within minutes though and be back to cuddling, purring and nuzzling. Once her meds cleared up we took her back for a reexamination. Now I will point out that I didn't think she was a kitten. She was big and just didn't LOOK like a kitten. This vet thought she was 10 years old! Now I will also point out that I think this is an exaggeration. We scheduled a revisit with the original vet we saw. She thought 4-5 and I will agree with that but we never did get an exact answer on Daisy's age.
![]() |
| The other pic from our Kijiji ad |
One thing she noticed at this visit though was that Daisy's forearm was looking a lot better. We talked about how Daisy could run and jump just like our cats (although it was pretty funny when she ran) and how she would play and even batt mice with her crippled paw and we all came to the agreement she didn't need to have her arm amputated! I was so happy for Daisy! Once the vet got her bloodwork back and gave Daisy a clean bill of health it was time to list her for adoption.
Eliza and I agreed she should stay with us until she was adopted. We wanted to make sure that the right people adopted her and that they understood what they were getting into. I mean just because her paw didn't bother her now doesn't mean it won't in the future. They had to be prepared to keep her inside and make sure she gets her annual vet visits.
I didn't expect it to happen quickly. The day after I posted the ad I got an email from a lady asking to meet Daisy. She came two days later with her boyfriend and they fell in love. It's hard not to love Daisy. She was affectionate with everyone. She purred at the vet. She purred with new people. If you were willing to pet her, even for a second, she loved you. Sunday they officially adopted Daisy.
Monday was weird for me. I would walk by the spare room and expect to hear her. She would always meow when she knew you were nearby. I think so you could find her faster. I woke up expecting to feed her. I felt so sad when I remembered I didn't have to.
Daisy was so special. I don't know if it was because she was hurt or because she was so greatful for everything she had with us. I don't know if it was because she was so greatful to be with us and to be in a home. I don't know if it was because she was so affectionate. Or because she was so sweet. But she reached a part of me that I have kept our fosters out of. I'm trying not to cry just writing this post but I don't want to ever forget Daisy. I don't think I could. If we would have had a house I think I would have adopted her.
The people that did adopt Daisy were very nice people. I can't describe how happy they looked to finally have her. That makes me happy and sad at the same time.
![]() |
| Daisy looking lovingly at Steve |
![]() |
| My last cuddles with this sweet girl |
We love you, Daisy. We hope you have the best life ever.













0 comments:
Post a Comment