Ellie - 7 months
Miss Ellie turned 7 months on April 11th! It's been a huge month! She got her ears pierced, started solid food, got her two bottom front teeth, started pushing up to the crawling position and is sitting on her own for long periods of time
Weight:
13bs, 1oz ^12oz from her 5month weight!
Length:
24.5", ^0.5" from her 5 month height!
24.5", ^0.5" from her 5 month height!
Still in 3-6 months, some are getting a little short but we still have room in most of them. We are still on the same diaper settings except we have moved up to the second setting for the rise. She is a skinny, tall kid!
Feedings:
Basically the same as last month, 6 bottles a day, around 3oz (90mls) each but occasionally takes an extra ounce or two. Most days are around 19-21oz total. We've done a LOT of nursing this month. She still struggles to get enough out of a nursing session but with her teeth coming in she started refusing her pacifier entirely. So some naps literally only happen if I'm nursing her. Between that, pumping and the biting my tatas are feeling a little abused. I'm down to 4 pumps a day but considering trying 3 as it's harder when I'm home on my own.
We started solid food this month! So far she's had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato, strawberry, bananas, applesauce, cantaloupe, honeydew, chicken, steak, pork, eggs, bacon, pot roast, potatoes, toast, peanut butter, and avocado. She loves it all! She hasn't rejected anything unless I try to feed her. As soon as I give it to her she's thrilled to eat it. Miss Independent doesn't need me for anything (unless I try to put her down). We bought some neat little spoons for self feeding that are designed to kinda hold the food in so she can learn to spoon feed herself too. She's really taken to eating!
Basically the same as last month, 6 bottles a day, around 3oz (90mls) each but occasionally takes an extra ounce or two. Most days are around 19-21oz total. We've done a LOT of nursing this month. She still struggles to get enough out of a nursing session but with her teeth coming in she started refusing her pacifier entirely. So some naps literally only happen if I'm nursing her. Between that, pumping and the biting my tatas are feeling a little abused. I'm down to 4 pumps a day but considering trying 3 as it's harder when I'm home on my own.
We started solid food this month! So far she's had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato, strawberry, bananas, applesauce, cantaloupe, honeydew, chicken, steak, pork, eggs, bacon, pot roast, potatoes, toast, peanut butter, and avocado. She loves it all! She hasn't rejected anything unless I try to feed her. As soon as I give it to her she's thrilled to eat it. Miss Independent doesn't need me for anything (unless I try to put her down). We bought some neat little spoons for self feeding that are designed to kinda hold the food in so she can learn to spoon feed herself too. She's really taken to eating!
Sleep:
7-7 pretty much. She still wakes up for a bottle around 5 some nights but can go the full 12 others. Her teeth definitely through a wrench in for a few days this week and we are all feeling the exhaustion.
7-7 pretty much. She still wakes up for a bottle around 5 some nights but can go the full 12 others. Her teeth definitely through a wrench in for a few days this week and we are all feeling the exhaustion.
Personality:
Still pretty friendly, she loves anyone that will talk to her. She's more aware when we aren't holding her and isn't always a fan if I hand her off to anyone else. She's all smiles and giggles as soon as we take her back though. She's a little fussy during the day if I have to leave the room which is kind of exhausting (mom needs to pee. and eat.) especially now that Steve is working again. What do you guys do in that situation? Do you just go quick or do you come back and bring baby with you? What are people eating during the day? I haven't had to worry about this yet but he will be gone 12 hour shifts so I'm expecting to be hungry...


















0 comments:
Post a Comment