Ellie - 6 months!

Miss Ellie turned 6 months on March 11th! 


Weight:
12lbs, 5oz ^1lb, 4oz from her  5month weight! 

Length:
24", ^0.75" from her 5 month height!

Clothes:
Still 3-6, I have a feeling we will be in these for awhile! they are pretty big still! We switched cloth diaper brands this month and I am in love with our new ones! They fit a little differently but she's on the smallest setting everywhere but legs (second smallest). She has chunky little legs these days and they are so cute! 



Feedings:
Basically the same as last month, 6 bottles a day, around 3oz (90mls) each but occasionally takes an extra ounce or two if she's feeling sassy. Most days are around 19-21oz total. I'm still pumping about 5-6x per day. Keeping up pretty well. She has suddenly wanted to nurse a lot more so we're doing that too. During month 5 we started including Ellie in meal time by giving her an empty bowl and spoon to play with or an BM popsicle to eat. We waited until she turned 6 months (to the day) and met all the signs of readiness for baby led weaning (I won't bore you all with the details of BLW, basically Ellie will be eating whatever we are within reason. We are skipping cereal and purees entirely! If you have more questions feel free to email me or check out the book). Since Friday she has tried carrots, cauliflower, spaghetti, broccoli, garlic toast, steak, potatoes, pot roast and a piece of pie crust (it was her first Sunday dinner eating so we let her have a small treat, I don't think she actually got very much of it in as you can see below) and she has loved it all so far! She is a very independent child so this whole baby feeds herself thing is the perfect thing for her.

Sleep:
We've had some rough nights in the last month as her first teeth are coming in (hopefully soon). But for the most part she is down around 6/630 and wakes once between 3 and 5 and then sleeps til 7 or 8. She had a few nights where she would only go back down if I held her so I've spent a couple mornings watching the sun rise from her rocking chair. I'm glad we got the new one, the old one would not have worked at all. She generally takes 3 naps a day, usually one in the morning, 1-2 in the afternoon and one kinda before bed depending on how the day is going. I am hoping with the time change this weekend we can push bedtime back to 7 and wake up at 9 ;)


Personality:
Very friendly! She loves anyone that will talk to her. She's laid back and easy going. She prefers to be with one of us during the day but will settle with talking to her toys if she needs to. She's started sitting up on her own but really likes to stand, I'm wondering if she will be an early walker? She's generally pretty happy and relaxed and always greets us with a smile, even at 3am!


Loves:
  • Nakey time
  • Breastmilk popsicles
  • Doing things for herself
  • Kick piano
  • Sitting up or standing

Hates:

  • Being cold
  • Being tired
  • Being hungry
  • When she can't see mom or dad



 photo signature_zpsd186112a.png

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months Ellie! Amelia loved to stand up pretty early too, but crawling and walking were slow to come

    ReplyDelete

Steve & Christy

Steve & Christy

Eleanor Lillian

Eleanor Lillian
After 5 long years of infertility our little peanut is here!

The Fuzzy Trio

The Fuzzy Trio
Devastator, Harley Quinn & Isis

Social Media

Powered by Blogger.

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery