Eleanor - 2 Months Old!
My little Eleanor turned two months old on November 11th!
Weight:
7lb 10oz at our appointment for her shots on the 12th, that is ^2lbs 3oz from her one month appt.
Clothes:
We are kind of in-between sizes. Most of our newborn still fit but some are getting too short. With the cloth diapers we are into 0-3 pants just because of the extra girth. Some shorter 0-3 onesies fit as well but the shorter newborn ones no longer fit. So we're just kinda going with the flow. Some days her outfits fit perfect and others they are too big... She still looks cute tho.
We transitioned her to cloth diapers mid October. I didn't think they were going to fit but she had a bit of a rash and my friend asked why we hadn't just tried them (of course, we had just bought a new box of newborn diapers) so we made some cloth wipes and stuck her in one. It fit pretty good and she's been in them ever since! I was able to stick her in the pumpkin one for Halloween too :D
We transitioned her to cloth diapers mid October. I didn't think they were going to fit but she had a bit of a rash and my friend asked why we hadn't just tried them (of course, we had just bought a new box of newborn diapers) so we made some cloth wipes and stuck her in one. It fit pretty good and she's been in them ever since! I was able to stick her in the pumpkin one for Halloween too :D
Feedings:
A little more all over the place. Day time is a bit of a wildcard. She will occasionally wake up hungry and only eat an ounce before passing out solid for an hour and then waking up to finish it. Sometimes she will finish a bottle and still be starving and other times I'm dumping some out. Pouring out breastmilk is so tragic but it's not usually more than an ounce. She's eating anywhere from every 2-4 hours during the day. Night's are a little better, she will have her biggest night time feed between 11 and 12 and then usually sleep until either 4 and then sleep from 5-8 or sleep until 6 initially and then sleep from 7-9.
I wish mama was sleeping those glorious 6 hour stretches but I'm getting up at 3 to pump either way so it doesn't affect me all that much. So she's eating about 6x a day and I'm pumping around 7x.
Speaking of pumping and feeding, breastfeeding is still a struggle. At our last appointment her tongue extension was way better and she is rubbing it on the roof of her mouth so that should help with the high palate. Now we are working on her shallow latch and poor tongue movements (she doesn't cup her tongue but kinda flaps it) using some techniques the doctor showed us. I am noticing a difference and she's taking less of a bottle after BFing. She is starting to show breast preference so I'm really hoping we can tackle the big feeding issues soon incase she starts refusing them completely.
I wish mama was sleeping those glorious 6 hour stretches but I'm getting up at 3 to pump either way so it doesn't affect me all that much. So she's eating about 6x a day and I'm pumping around 7x.
Speaking of pumping and feeding, breastfeeding is still a struggle. At our last appointment her tongue extension was way better and she is rubbing it on the roof of her mouth so that should help with the high palate. Now we are working on her shallow latch and poor tongue movements (she doesn't cup her tongue but kinda flaps it) using some techniques the doctor showed us. I am noticing a difference and she's taking less of a bottle after BFing. She is starting to show breast preference so I'm really hoping we can tackle the big feeding issues soon incase she starts refusing them completely.
Sleep:
Big stretches of either 4 or 6 hours at night, more "nap" style sleeping during the day where she will sleep for longer stretches and be more alert and awake after eating sometimes. We're just following her cues. We bought a Woombie swaddle blanket at the BRU Family & Friends night on a whim and that thing is AMAZING. It's so easy to put her in and she can't get her arms out and wake her up.
Big stretches of either 4 or 6 hours at night, more "nap" style sleeping during the day where she will sleep for longer stretches and be more alert and awake after eating sometimes. We're just following her cues. We bought a Woombie swaddle blanket at the BRU Family & Friends night on a whim and that thing is AMAZING. It's so easy to put her in and she can't get her arms out and wake her up.
Personality:
Little miss serious. When she's awake she's always frowning and trying to process what's going on around her. She is starting to look at us more instead of around us so I'm hoping that means we will be seeing more personality coming out soon! She's an easy baby, not much for crying or fussing and can usually be soothed pretty easily. Her longest crying period (without reason) is maybe an hour and not even everyday.
















Glad to hear you`ve seen some improvements with breast feeding! She is just too cute :)
ReplyDeleteShe is getting soo big!! Glad bfing is getting better!
ReplyDeleteTotes adorbs!!
ReplyDeleteGo Ellie!