VDay 2013!
I seem to really only make it here to log the milestones of our lives. Although they may be small it's these little holiday summaries that will help us remember the early years of our marriage. I really want to try blogging a little more often though. We will see how that goes!!!
Okay Valentine's day 2013 was very different from any other Valentine's day we've had. Mostly because I have been working fulltime and going to school at night and Steve worked as well so neither of us really had any time to get much ready aside from cards. But it was a fun day none-the-less. Here goes:
My alarm went off at 5:30. Granted we'd both been up for at least an hour because Harley wanted attention and when Harley wants attention she makes sure you know it. (She is such a sweet cat but when she is upset she has this amazing ear piercing meow that no one could sleep through. and Devastator can open our bedroom door so if we lock her out he lets her back in). After snoozing it a couple times we exchanged cards. Steve got me the cutest Hello Kitty card. Just shows what a wonderful man I've got.
At 6:30 Steve left for work and I snuck into the spare room to feed/check on our semi-feral foster kitten, Lady. I fed and cuddled Lady until she was done with me and then I ate breakfast and made my lunch and at 7:10 I headed to work. Steve phoned me on his breaks and at lunch.
After work I headed to yoga where I enjoyed 75 blissfully warm minutes of sweaty hot yoga (it feels soooo good after). I met Steve at home where he started to make biscuits for dinner and I wanted to have a shower. (it's roughly 6:30pm at this point). Our kitchen is tiny. Our condo is nice but our kitchen is TINY. Steve split Bisquick ALLLL over the floor, it was hilarious, and Isis and Devastator kept trying to eat it and Steve had to start over and clean up the Bisquick. Poor Steve.
I ducked in to check on Lady but all the comotion from the spill had freaked her out and she was in no mood for me. So I went and had a quick shower. When I got out I helped Steve finish up making dinner (steak, biscuits and corn) and then we sat down at had a nice meal together. After dinner we played some Skylanders and shared some Hagen Daas Cookie Dough ice cream (and I managed to count it in my diet without going over on my calories, thank you hot yoga!).
Around 8 we gathered up our crew of kitties for their dinner and once they were settled with that we went in to feed Lady. I cuddled her and read my book while Steve got ready for bed. and around 9 we went to bed :).
Tonight we plan on going out for dinner and picking up some gifts we honestly just didn't have time to get this week. Steve is getting some new Skylanders, a PSN card and maybe a racing wheel for the PS3 and I am getting some new clothes for hot yoga!
Nothing special, I ate my vday dinner in my pjs with my hair in a towel but I love my husband and I love spending time with him and I wouldn't change a thing. :)
EDIT:
Update on the VDay gifts: Steve got the PSN card and Skylanders. I got a new yoga shirt and towel and we both got: OUR FIRST EVER OWNED BY US CAR :D

Okay Valentine's day 2013 was very different from any other Valentine's day we've had. Mostly because I have been working fulltime and going to school at night and Steve worked as well so neither of us really had any time to get much ready aside from cards. But it was a fun day none-the-less. Here goes:
My alarm went off at 5:30. Granted we'd both been up for at least an hour because Harley wanted attention and when Harley wants attention she makes sure you know it. (She is such a sweet cat but when she is upset she has this amazing ear piercing meow that no one could sleep through. and Devastator can open our bedroom door so if we lock her out he lets her back in). After snoozing it a couple times we exchanged cards. Steve got me the cutest Hello Kitty card. Just shows what a wonderful man I've got.
At 6:30 Steve left for work and I snuck into the spare room to feed/check on our semi-feral foster kitten, Lady. I fed and cuddled Lady until she was done with me and then I ate breakfast and made my lunch and at 7:10 I headed to work. Steve phoned me on his breaks and at lunch.
After work I headed to yoga where I enjoyed 75 blissfully warm minutes of sweaty hot yoga (it feels soooo good after). I met Steve at home where he started to make biscuits for dinner and I wanted to have a shower. (it's roughly 6:30pm at this point). Our kitchen is tiny. Our condo is nice but our kitchen is TINY. Steve split Bisquick ALLLL over the floor, it was hilarious, and Isis and Devastator kept trying to eat it and Steve had to start over and clean up the Bisquick. Poor Steve.
I ducked in to check on Lady but all the comotion from the spill had freaked her out and she was in no mood for me. So I went and had a quick shower. When I got out I helped Steve finish up making dinner (steak, biscuits and corn) and then we sat down at had a nice meal together. After dinner we played some Skylanders and shared some Hagen Daas Cookie Dough ice cream (and I managed to count it in my diet without going over on my calories, thank you hot yoga!).
Around 8 we gathered up our crew of kitties for their dinner and once they were settled with that we went in to feed Lady. I cuddled her and read my book while Steve got ready for bed. and around 9 we went to bed :).
Tonight we plan on going out for dinner and picking up some gifts we honestly just didn't have time to get this week. Steve is getting some new Skylanders, a PSN card and maybe a racing wheel for the PS3 and I am getting some new clothes for hot yoga!
Nothing special, I ate my vday dinner in my pjs with my hair in a towel but I love my husband and I love spending time with him and I wouldn't change a thing. :)
EDIT:
Update on the VDay gifts: Steve got the PSN card and Skylanders. I got a new yoga shirt and towel and we both got: OUR FIRST EVER OWNED BY US CAR :D









0 comments:
Post a Comment